My journey into education began in early 2010 when I changed my undergraduate major to mathematics. At that point, I really wanted to use my growing knowledge of mathematics to help students struggling and needing tutor assistance. I joined Student Support Services at Troy University to become a tutor helping in a variety of math subjects students. I remained a tutor there while finishing my Bachelor’s in Mathematics and graduated Summa Cum Laude in 2013.
I enrolled in a Mathematics Education Master’s program at Troy University in the Fall of 2014. It was then, in early 2014, when I began my career as a high school teacher as well.
In 2017, I decided to take a big step in my mathematical career and pursue a Master’s in Statistics at Auburn University. Between 2017 and 2019, I worked as an instructor while getting my degree and taught College Algebra, Precalculus, Business Calculus, and Calculus II.
Currently, I teach as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Sterling College in Sterling, KS. Go Warriors!
- Graduate Statistician (GStat) from the American Statistical Association
- M.S. in Statistics from Auburn University
- M.S. in Mathematics Education from Troy University
- B.S. in Mathematics from Troy University (Summa Cum Laude)
- Master-level Licensed Math Teacher
- Over 10 years experience tutoring mathematics subjects
- 4 years of secondary teaching experience
- 3 years of college teaching experience